Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
Alberta -a prosperous Canadian province with richness in natural beauty and resources.
Located in West Canada the Alberta province is one of Canada’s fastest growing market economies. The province is home to largest cities of Calgary and Edmonton. Further it is also the most populous of the Canada’s three ‘Prairie provinces’.
However, this is not all, the Alberta province is termed as one of the most beautiful parts of North America. It includes famous national parks, such as Banff and Jasper in its entirety.
Alberta Immigration Services through PNP program
The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) is Alberta’s own Provincial Nominee Program. Through this AINP nominee, the immigrants with the right skills and job experience needed by the province, receives an Alberta Provincial Nomination Certificate.
The AINP Immigration Programs further consists of the following immigration streams like:
- Alberta Opportunity Stream
- Alberta Express Entry Stream
- Alberta Self-Employed Farmer Stream
Alberta Opportunity Stream
This Alberta Opportunity Stream helps international individuals with the opportunity to meet the stream’s minimum requirements. It is important that such candidates are working in Alberta in a recognised occupation, to apply for an AINP provincial nomination.
The AINP is expected to bring further changes to the Alberta Opportunity Streams between 2019 and 2021.
Alberta’s Express Entry Stream
This Immigration stream allows the local provincial Government to nominate its own eligible candidates from the Federal Government run Express Entry system.
All such successful nominations under this stream bring in 600 additional ComprehensiveRanking System points.
Self Employed Farmer’s Stream
The above mentioned Immigration processing stream allows Farm experienced individuals with own personal funds to purchase and operate a farm in Alberta. Later, they are eligible to apply for permanent residency status.
The ideal beneficiaries should include successful applicants like farm owners/operators who plan to live in Alberta in order to purchase and manage their farming business.
The following streams are now replaced by Alberta Opportunity Stream. (As on June 14, 2018.)
Strategic Recruitment Stream
Strategic Recruitment Stream stream was available to earlier to individuals to apply to the AINP without needing an employer support. It consisted of three further sub categories:
- Compulsory and Optional Trades Category – All such traders and businessmen who hold either an Alberta Qualification Certificate or alternatively a Trade Certificate was eligible under this category. Such Individuals must therefore be residing in Alberta on a valid work permit at the time of application and work in a compulsory or optional trade.
- Engineering Occupations Category – This category was designed especially for engineers, designers and drafters. Likewise, the application must be supported with Alberta work experience.
- Post Graduate Worker Category – Individuals from a recognized post-secondary institution in Alberta region, or who are currently working in an eligible occupation on a Post-Graduation Work Permit, may be eligible for this program.
This stream was available for employers to nominate workers to the AINP for Canadian immigration. This stream consisted of three sub-categories:
- Skilled Worker Category – This is for international citizens with a full-time job offer for Alberta based employer, in an skilled occupation. Individuals were not required to be working in Alberta at the time of application.
- International Graduate Category – Designed for individuals who have graduated from a post-secondary Educational institution in Canada. They must further hold a Post-Graduation Work Permit along with a permanent job offer from an Alberta employer.
- Semi-Skilled Worker Category – Is made for Immigrants or temporary foreign workers who have received full-time job from Alberta’s employer. This should ideally be in an eligible semi-skilled occupation.