Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC)
Individuals who have been removed from Canada will probably need an Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC) if they wish to return.
There are three types of removal order:
- Departure Order (form IMM 5238)
- If you received a Departure Order and left Canada within the 30 days and you verified your departure with Canadian immigration officer at the port of exit you do not need an ARC.
- If you left the country without verify your departure or more than 30 days after the Departure Order was issued, you will need to apply for an ARC.
- Exclusion Order (IMM 1214B)
- If you were issued an Exclusion Order and 12 months have passed since you left Canada, and you have a Certificate of Departure (IMM 0056B) showing the date you left Canada you do not need an ARC.
- If you wish to return to Canada less than 12 months after the Exclusion Order was issued or you do not have Certificate of Departure you need to apply for an ARC.
- Deportation Order (IMM 5238B)
- If you were issued a Deportation Order, then you will need to apply for an ARC.